Become a member of the Michigan Farm to Institution Network
The Michigan Farm to Institution Network (MFIN) is a space for learning, sharing and working together to get more local food to institutions. We aim to meet the Michigan Good Food Charter goal of 20% Michigan food to institutions by 2020. Through the network, we host a statewide local food purchasing campaign, called Cultivate Michigan, to help Farm to Institution programs grow and track their progress.
- Institutions such as hospitals, early childhood programs, schools, and colleges find, buy and use Michigan foods;
- Farmers and food suppliers offer the local foods institutions want in the ways they need; and
- Eaters at institutions identify, value and enjoy local foods.
Become a Member
Network membership is open to institutional food service directors and buyers as well as farmers, food vendors and suppliers, advocates, supporters and researchers. By joining the Network, you will have the opportunity to use your skills and knowledge to help shape farm to institution programs in Michigan; network and participate in learning activities and social events across the state; and be part of a larger movement to help take local food purchasing at Michigan institutions to the next level!
- Invitations to network events
- Periodic e-news with network updates
- Join network action meetings (primarily virtual)
- Contribute to network projects (see below for more information)
The activities of the network are coordinated by leaders across Michigan. This work is driven by our members! Bring your expertise and help shape the direction of the network by joining one or more subcommittees of your choice.
|Tours and Educational Events||
Complete the form below to become a member!