Yield: 10 servingsServing size: 1 burrito
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 15 ounces Michigan black beans, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 10 (8-inch) tortillas, warmed
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- Place sweet potatoes in a pot with 1/2 inch water.
- Cover pot with a lid and cook over medium heat until sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add peppers, onion, cinnamon, and cumin.
- Cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add black beans to the vegetable mixture to heat through.
- Turn off heat and add cooked sweet potatoes and chopped cilantro. Stir lightly to combine.
- Evenly divide mixture between tortillas and roll up (about 1 cup of filling per tortilla).
- Serve with avocado slices.