Recipe provided courtesy of Chef Sean Gartland of Flint Farmers Market and Michigan Farm to School.Yield: 4-6 servings
Supplies and Equipment
- A large baking sheet to roast the chicken and vegetable
- Measuring spoons
- Tongs or fork
- Vegetable peeler
- Cutting board
- 1 Whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 tablespoon curry
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat an oven to 425.
- Place a large baking sheet into oven for about 10 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Place chicken on baking sheet, skin side down.
- Roast chicken in oven for about 10 minutes.
- While chicken is roasting, wash, peel, and cut the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and green onions into bite-sized chunks.
- Place the vegetables in a mixing bowl. Drizzle them with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove baking seet from oven. Turn chicken over and arrange the vegetables around the chicken.
- Sprinkn curry over the chicken and vegetables.
- Roast for an additional 20 minutes.