Recipe provided courtesy of Sean Gartland of Flint Farmers Market and Michigan Farm to SchoolYield: 4-6 Servings
Supplies and Equipment
- A baking sheet to roast the vegetables
- A large mixing bowl
- A small mixing bowl
- A large spoon to mix the ingredients
- Foil to line the pan
- Cutting board
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into coins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and peel the carrots. Cut into 1-inch coins.
- Place carrot coins in a large mixing bowl. Melt butter and drizzle on carrots.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and cinnamon onto carrots.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pour carrots onto pan and spread out evenly.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch into the orange juice in a small mixing bowl.
- Remove from oven and place carrots back into the mixing bowl. Drizzle honey, orange zest and juice over the carrots and mix well.
- Place carrots back onto foil-lined baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes longer until tender.