Recipe courtesy of Sarah Stone, Food Service Director, Grand Haven Area Public Schools.
- 5 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 1⁄4 cup bu er, so ened
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 20 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups half and half
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease muffin cups (24-cup tray) with pan spray.
- In mixing bowl, mix Bisquick mix and butter until blended. Add boiling water; stir until soft dough forms.
- Press rounded teaspoonful of dough on bottom and up sides of each muffin cup.
- In another mixing bowl, beat eggs and half and half until blended.
- Stir in bacon, salt and pepper.
- Spoon egg mixture into each muffin cup and sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and centers are set.