- 4 pounds 6 ounces cooked brown rice
- 10 pounds fresh Michigan broccoli, chopped ( or thawed and drained, if using frozen)
- 3 pounds 2 ounces low-fat reduced sodium canned condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 quart 2 cups instant nonfat dry milk, reconstituted
- 3 pounds 4 ounces cheese blend of American and skim milk cheeses, shredded
- 1 pound fresh onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground black or white pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (optional)
- 4 ounces trans fat-free margarine, melted (optional)
- 12 ounces enriched dry bread crumbs (optional)
Combine rice, broccoli, undiluted soup, milk, cheese, onions, granulated garlic, pepper, and oregano, if using.
Lightly coat four steamtable pans with pan release spray. Pour 6 pounds 3 ounces (3 quarts 2 cups) mixture into the two pans.
Optional topping: combine margarine and bread crumbs. Mix to coat crumbs well. Sprinkle 8 ounces (approximately 1 2/3 cups) crumbs evenly over each pan.
Bake in a conventional oven at 350°F for 30 minutes or in a convection oven at 300°F for 20 minutes. Do not overbake. Serve hot.Yield: 100 servingsServing size: No 12 scoop Nutrition Facts:Calories 142Total Fat 3gSat. Fat 2gSodium 186mg Recipe courtesy of What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl