- 1/3 cup dried cranberries and 1/4 cup water, place in microwave for 30 seconds
- 1 cup Michigan black beans, rinse well
- 5.3 ounces Greek vanilla yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup black bean powder
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/8 cup chopped chocolate pieces
Place all wet ingredients in food processor and process for about 15 seconds until mixed thoroughly.
Mix all dry ingredients and stir well.
Add wet to dry, stirring several times, then add nuts and chocolate pieces. Continue stirring just until mixture is blended. You may need to add a little more flour or milk for the best consistency.
Spoon into sprayed large muffin pans.
Bake at 370°F for 16-20 minutes.
Makes 10-11 large muffins.Recipe provided courtesy of the Michigan Bean Commission