- 60 ounces Michigan black beans
- 30 ounces Michigan black eye peas
- 30 ounces Michigan navy beans
- 2 -15 ounce cans of whole kernel corn
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 or 3 big bunches of fresh cilantro, rinsed and snipped
- 4 large peppers, any combination of red, orange or yellow, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup sugar
In saucepan or microwave, combine dressing ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring, and cook for several minutes.
Rinse and drain all beans and corn.
In large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
Cool the dressing to room temperature and pour over bean mixture. Mix gently with spatula to combine. Carefully push down the bean mixture so marinade covers it. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Keeps well in fridge, and may be frozen.Recipe provided courtesy of the Michigan Bean Commission