Michigan is a large producer of ripe, juicy orchard “stone” fruits—peaches, plums, apricots and nectarines. Breads, muffins, pies, cobblers, bars, crisps, preserves and fruit salsas are just some of the delicious and nutritious possibilities for preparing stone fruits whether you use fresh, frozen, dried or canned.
Facts and Tips
- Stone fruits are good sources of potassium and vitamins A and C.
- Most large peach and plum farms are located along the coasts of the lower peninsula.
- Michigan ranks fourth in the nation for peach production and fifth for plum production.
Cultivate Michigan Resources
Use the product guide and promotional materials linked below to learn more about sourcing, serving and celebrating Michigan stone fruit at your institution!
- Stone Fruit Product Guide (PDF) - Includes facts, tips, purchasing information & recipes!
- Stone Fruit Window Decal (PDF)
- Stone Fruit Letter Size Poster - 8 1/2'' x 11'' (PDF)
- Stone Fruit Tabloid Size Poster - 8 1/2 x 14'' (PDF)
- Stone Fruit Large Size Poster - 18" x 24" (PDF)