Michigan ranks tenth in the country for fresh tomato production and fourth for processing tomatoes. Many types of tomatoes are grown in our state including slicing, cherry, grape, and Roma. Several heirloom varieties are also available fresh in August and September.
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamins A and C, and high in the antioxidant lycopene.
Cultivate Michigan Resources
- Purchasing Guide (PDF) - Includes facts, tips, purchasing codes & recipes!
- Tomatoes window decal (PDF)
- Tomatoes poster - 8 1/2" X 11" (PDF)
- Tomatoes poster - 8 1/2" X 14" (PDF)
- Tomatoes poster - 18" X 24" (PDF)