MI Love Onions!
Use the product guide and promotional materials linked below to learn more about sourcing, serving and celebrating Michigan onions at your institution!
Facts and Tips
- Fact: In 2016, 88 million pounds of onions were harvested in Michigan, with a value over $10 million dollars.
- Fact: Onions are grown in south central and southern Michigan counties: Allegan, Barry, Eaton, Ionia, Kent, Newaygo, Ottawa and Van Buren.
- Nutrition Fact: Onions are rich in potassium and vitamins C and B6.
Cultivate Michigan Resources
- Onion Window Decal (PDF)
- Onion Poster - 8 1/2" x 11" (PDF)
- Onion Poster - 18" x 24" (PDF)
- Cultivate Michigan Sourcing Guide