Egg N' Role
Eggs play a vital role in all food service operations, as a key ingredient in many recipes and a wonderful protein-packed snack on their own. Michigan is home to a growing egg industry, ranking as the nation’s sixth largest producer of eggs.
Facts and Tips
- Fact: Michigan is now home to 15 million laying hens, which each produce 250-300 eggs per year.
- Storage Tip: Refrigerate eggs at 45°F or lower when they are received and keep them refrigerated until they are used.
- Nutrition Tip: One egg supplies 12% of an adult’s required daily protein.
Cultivate Michigan Resources
- Egg Product Guide (PDF) - Includes facts, tips, purchasing information & recipes!
- Egg Window Decal (PDF)
- Egg Poster - 8 1/2'' x 11'' (PDF)
- Egg Poster - 8 1/2 x 14'' (PDF)
- Egg Poster - 18" x 24" (PDF)