Later this summer, we will virtually gather early care and education providers, farmers, food suppliers, and farmers market managers in each region of the state to make connections between local food buyers and sellers
Join us to build your network in these virtual meet-the-buyers style events! Food suppliers will make connections and learn how to market and sell to early care and education sites, and child care providers will connect with sellers to purchase local foods for the children they serve.
These Cultivate Michigan Markeplace events are for:
- Early Care and Education Providers interested in purchasing local food products from farmers, food suppliers, and farmers markets in their region. Child care centers, family care homes, Head Start and Early Head Start, tribal child care programs, and preschools based in K-12 schools are welcome.
- Food Suppliers interested in selling local foods to early care and education sites in their region. Farmers, farmers market managers, food hubs, processors, and distributors are welcome.
Save the date for your regional event!
Each virtual event will take place from 6:30 - 7:30 pm on the following dates:
- Tuesday, August 17 - Southwest Michigan
- Wednesday, August 18 - West Michigan
- Thursday, August 19 - Northern Lower Peninsula
- Monday, August 23 - East Michigan
- Tuesday, August 24 - Mid-Michigan
- Wednesday, August 25 - Southeast Michigan
- Thursday, August 26 - Southeast Michigan (Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties)
More details and registration to come soon.
To learn more about farm to early care and education, visit the Michigan Farm to Early Care and Education Network website.
This series of marketplace events is coordinated by the Michigan Farm to Early Care and Education Network and the Michigan Farm to Institution Network with support from MSU Center for Regional Food Systems and MSU Extension. Funding comes from the Association of State Public Health Nutritionists and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.