Save the Date! The Administration for Children and Families' (ACF) National Research Conference on Early Childhood 2020 (NRCEC 2020) will be held virtually, Monday, Nov. 30 to Thursday, Dec. 3, 2020. It will include greetings from ACF leadership, an opening session, master lectures, and breakout sessions, as well as dynamic poster presentations. The sessions will highlight research relevant to policies, programs, and services for young children and their families. Start times will be planned to encourage participation across multiple U.S. time zones.
The shift to a virtual format will require a paired down conference program. Those whose submissions were accepted to the conference will be receiving separate communications from the NRCEC team regarding this transformation.
The goals of NRCEC 2020 are to:
- Identify and disseminate research relevant to young children birth to 8, their families, and the programs that serve them
- Encourage collaboration among researchers, practitioners, and policymakers
- Build upon the evidence base for policy and practice
- Head Start directors, managers, staff, and teachers
- Preschool, child care, and early childhood special education directors, managers, and staff
- Researchers, policymakers, and others interested in the field of early childhood development
There will be updates regarding the conference agenda and registration via the NRCEC website and email list.