Join the Michigan Farm to Institution Network for a tour featuring three of Cultivate Michigan’s 2018 featured foods in the Grand Rapids area! This tour will showcase Michigan’s diverse agricultural production, focusing on beets, celery and onions. Tour participants will have the opportunity to experience an in-depth look at production of these three popular Michigan products on diversified vegetable farms.
The tour will be held on Monday, June 18th from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m as a pre-conference event for the 2018 MDE-SNAM June Nutrition Conference. Lunch and transportation will be included with the $25 registration fee.
- Visit the Michigan School Nutrition Association’s future meetings page
- Scroll down “2018 MDE-SNAM June Conference” and select “Register Now”
- Login or continue as a guest and enter your contact information
- On the “Tickets and Products” page, add the “Off-Site Tour - Beets, Celery and Onion Farms Tour”
- Continue to complete billing information for the tour registration
Full conference agenda for the 2018 MDE-SNAM June Conference.
This tour is brought to you by Michigan State University Extension, the Michigan Onion Committee and the Michigan Farm to Institution Network (MFIN). MFIN is a space for learning, sharing and working together to help farm to institution programs grow, and Cultivate Michigan is its local food purchasing and tracking campaign. MFIN is coordinated by the MSU Center for Regional Food Systems with support from MSU Extension.