Special Two-Day Event!
Join us at this joint network meeting co-hosted by the Michigan Food Hub Network and the Michigan Farm to Institution Network (MFIN) along with local MSU Extension Community Food Systems partners on July 15 – 16, 2015 in Flint, Michigan. Free to attend, this special event is sure to be packed with good food, good conversation and opportunities for collaboration!
This special two-day event will be held at the Flint Farmers Market. We will kick off with a tour of the Market space on Wednesday, continue with tours of other “Good Food" related projects in the Flint area, and wrap up day one with an evening reception to promote networking and collaboration. Day two will feature exciting news and updates, good food, learning, and more time for networking! Please see the tentative agenda below for more information.
The RSVP deadline is 12 noon on Friday, July 10th.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 15, 2015
Tours: 2:00 - 4:45 PM
- Tour of Flint Farmers Market - 2 PM
- Carpool to area tours – 2:45 PM
- Return to the Market for reception – 4:45 PM
- Joint Network Reception at Flint Farmers Market – 5:00 – 7:00 PM
THURSDAY, JULY 16, 2015
- Light Breakfast & Networking - 8:30 AM
- Meeting welcome & updates from Networks – 9:00 – 9:30 AM
- Michigan Good Food Fund (mini) Launch (short presentation & loan website tour) – 9:30 – 10:00 AM
- Local Stories – Flint Food Innovations - 10:00 – 11:00 AM
- Break – 11:00 – 11:15 AM
- Demystifying Food Safety - Panel and Discussion – 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM
- Lunch at the Market – 12:15 – 1:30 PM
- Regional Networking – Food Hubs and Farm to Institution Discussions – 1:30 – 3:00 PM
- Adjourn – 3:00 PM